Our 7 step guide.
- Ordering - Contact us or your local Oristem representative by email or telephone. To find your representative, please click here.
- Medical Consent Consultation - One of our fully trained and accredited medical team will perform your 1 on 1 medical consent consultation. This is a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you have directly to one of our team.
- Collection Kit – A tamper-proof collection kit is created for each individual and despatched to your preferred Oristem collection point, anywhere in the world. The kit contains patented and trademarked Nanocool™ and ITAG-SingleUse™ technologies designed to ensure that your blood sample is transported in optimum condition. Every time.
- Clinic, Home or Hospital blood collection – You will be asked to make a short visit to a local clinic (in the UK only, collections can also be made in the comfort of your own home) where a fully trained nurse or doctor will take a small sample of blood. This is a regular blood donation; it does not differ from any other and does not use additional pharmaceuticals or stimulating factors.
- Processing – your sample is transported to our UK processing laboratory where stem cells are isolated and extracted using the highest quality systems available. We are regulated by the Human Tissue Authority and strictly follow the Human Tissue (Quality and Safety for Human Application) regulations 2007. The UK provides one of the most highly regarded regulatory environments in the world and it is for these reasons that we choose to bring all samples into our UK lab for processing. It allows you to be sure that we are offering the best quality that exists. Every time.
- Storage – Your cells are sent to our storage facility in the United Kingdom for long term storage. The facility is of the highest quality and includes disaster recovery and back-up systems to ensure your cells are as safe as they can be. For further protection, we store your vials in two different locations ensuring that the likelihood of disaster is greatly reduced. The facility is located near to one of the busiest airports in the world, helping to reduce the time that it could take to send your cells in an emergency event in your future.
- Certificate and Storage Card – Once your cells are in their long term storage position, we will produce a certificate of storage and supply your stem cell donor card. The certificate is also available online in your unique log-in area of our website. You can access the site any time from any computer.
Using the tabs, you can learn more about our strategic partners, level of commitment and investment we have undertaken together with the various accreditations and compliance regulations we have in place.
We understand that you might have questions for our experts who will be happy to accommodate these anytime and of course free from obligation.